Photo Provided by Image Entertainment

If you live in the general vicinity of Binghamton University and you haven’t heard about “The Rewrite,” then you’re either deaf or lying. Now, only a few weeks after Hugh Grant graced us with his presence, we are able to relive the fun and joy of what President Harvey Stenger had declared “The Rewrite” weekend. If you weren’t lucky enough to get a ticket to the premiere or are only now realizing that you missed out on an important landmark in your BU career, you have been given another chance.

Starting today, The ART Mission and Theater will be showing “The Rewrite” at its Downtown Binghamton location, 61 Prospect Ave.

Once again, if you are even remotely a student at this school you know the plot. But let’s recap it just in case: Grant plays a screenwriter who can’t think of another hit. So he (reluctantly) accepts a job to teach at BU. He doesn’t fit in at first, but through your standard rom-com mishaps he ends up happy. Marc Lawrence (‘81) directed and wrote the film, and for anyone who calls themselves a Bearcat, there are plenty of relatable moments in the film. So yeah, go see it.

No, I’m not kidding. Watching this movie is a big part of the BU experience. It’s practically a graduation requirement. Go see it in the theaters for the full experience. Laugh (or vomit) as they discuss spiedies and the horrible weather, clap when you see the clock tower and shake your head in distaste and jealousy as they pan across a nice green campus that is not our own. Also J.K. Simmons is in it, and he just won an Oscar (for “Whiplash,” but whatever), so why would you not go?

The ART Mission and Theater will be showing “The Rewrite” at the following times: Saturday, Feb. 28 at 7:15 p.m., Sunday, March 1 at 3 p.m., and Tuesday, March 3 at 7:15 p.m.