“The Rewrite” comes out in theaters this weekend, and Pipe Dream’s been covering it since the beginning. Here’s a timeline of our coverage.

May 3, 2013

BU alum writes ‘love letter to Binghamton’ — Shortly after Hugh Grant was spotted in Binghamton, we tracked down what was going on. Turns out he was planning to play a Binghamton University professor in a then-untitled movie with Marc Lawrence, now known as “The Rewrite.” We talked to Lawrence about what he was planning for the film. “There’s Spiedies in it, and living in off-campus houses, and the constant rain, and there’s the miserable weather and there’s the long wait for the one nice day that suddenly appears at the end of the year that seems to make the miserable weather worth it,” Lawrence teased.

Jan. 10, 2015

Binghamton-set movie ‘The Rewrite’ to screen on campus with star Hugh Grant and director Marc Lawrence — President Harvey Stenger announced that the University would host a screening of the movie on campus, followed by a question-and-answer session with Grant and Lawrence, as well as several other events over the weekend. “Instead of going to the usual cliché, boring places to do a premiere, like New York or Los Angeles or London,” Lawrence said in a prerecorded video for the press announcement, “we’re coming to the vacation capital of America — Binghamton, New York.”

Feb. 2, 2015

How to get Hugh Grant’s attention when he comes to Binghamton on Sunday — In advance of Grant’s visit, we advise the student body on how to get him to pay attention to you, whether it’s for a date or just to get him to look at your screenplay.

Feb. 10, 2015

Hugh Grant and Marc Lawrence attend campus premiere of ‘The Rewrite’ — The University pulled out all the stops for a weekend filled with “Rewrite”-related events, including the screening, a concert and several Q-and-A sessions.

Editorial: Once Upon a Time in Binghamton — The Editorial Board considered what “The Rewrite” means for Binghamton. “Hugh Grant’s character’s experience in Binghamton isn’t so different from a lot of students’,” we wrote. “He never really wanted to be here, but he had to come anyway because he didn’t have a lot of money. And then he found out that it’s a pretty cool place, after all.”

Feb. 13, 2015

The best Hugh Grants — For our Valentine’s Day issue, we consider the most lovable roles Hugh Grant has played throughout his career — except for “The Rewrite,” of course.

The Making of ‘The Rewrite’ — With “The Rewrite” now in theaters, an in-depth look at the making of the movie and at Lawrence’s career, from Binghamton to Hollywood and back again.