The semester may have just started, but it’s already time to start planning for this summer’s music festivals. And while we’d all love to be brave enough to cash two paychecks, pack a bag with just a granola bar and two pairs of shorts and ride down to Bonnaroo, most of us just can’t abandon reality for that long.

However, it just so happens that we can don sunglasses, sit on a blanket and listen to our favorite artists perform while not being too far from home. Here’s a few of this summer’s lineups so that you can find the one that best suits your musical appetite.

Governors Ball Music Festival

They say all roads lead to Rome, but if you find yourself on public transportation, you’ll most likely end up in Manhattan. This isn’t a bad thing when the well-tested Governors Ball Music Festival will be located on Randall’s Island from June 5 to 7 right in the heart of the city.

At first glance, the festival seems to be bringing us a fairly standard lineup this summer. There are the typical headliners — hip-hop artist Drake, rock band The Black Keys and EDM producer deadmau5 (as opposed to the 2014’s Outkast, TV on the Radio and Skrillex trifecta).

However, the heart of this festival lies hidden behind these heavy hitters; artists like MØ, Björk and Flying Lotus will bring their own cult followings while the combination of St. Vincent, Future Islands and Big Gigantic will bring in the indie crowds. Any hip-hop fans with an itch larger than Drake can scratch should not be disappointed when Rae Sremmurd, Atmosphere and Logic take ahold of the microphone.

Mountain Jam

A more serene and folksy scene can most definitely be found at Hunter Mountain from June 4 to 7, where drum circles, a petting zoo and a cozy ski resort shape the Mountain Jam experience.

The headliners make sense; once again, The Black Keys have found their way into a lead spot. Alabama Shakes was destined to find at least one headlining spot amongst the numerous festivals they will be hitting this summer after their album “Boys & Girls” peaked at No. 6 on the U.S. Billboard 200. And in regards to moe., well, there’s a reason why their moniker is followed by a period and nothing else. The seasoned jam-band has been gracing the music world since their rise in popularity in the ’90s, opening for renowned artists such as The Who and The Allman Brothers.

The backing bands provide no disappointment either: Rebelution, Robert Plant, Dopapod and Gov’t Mule are sure to bring dynamically energetic performances to the Mountain Jam stage while younger groups like Hurray for the Riff Raff support the intimate ambience.

Boston Calling Music Festival

To take a step outside of New York (while still within driving distance), you can check out the Boston Calling Music Festival May 22 to 24, located at City Hall Plaza in Boston, Massachusetts.

Boston Calling should be attracting an interesting crowd. Tenacious D was thought to be all but dead until the release of their most recent album “Rize of the Fenix,” but will bring along many of their old fans who swore to worship Jack Black until the day his pubic facial hair and keg-sized beer belly was six feet under.

Similarly, the Pixies and Beck will also be bringing an older crowd, many of whom will be ultimately pleased with these artists’ recently recorded albums being played for them live. TV on the Radio will be also playing songs from their most recent album, “Seeds,” which marked a comeback for the band following the death of their bassist, Gerard Smith, in 2011.

All in all, this smaller lineup is jam-packed with groups that, like the multi-instrumentalist St. Vincent, the overnight sensation called the DMA’s and the cute yet fiery Tove Lo, are guaranteed to put on an entertaining and festive show.

FarmBorough 2015

Set to take place on Randall’s Island June 26 to 28, FarmBorough will be the very first country music festival to take place in New York City. Yet with powerful artists like Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley as headliners, this prototype is sure to be a success. And the southern rock extravaganza does not stop there; Ashley Monroe will be delivering her profound memories and reflections to the Randall’s Island stage at the young age of 26, alongside the rough and organic (almost whiskey soaked) voice of Chris Stapleton and the thrilling sounds of Nashville original Kip Moore.

If the standard alternative, psychedelic, or indie-rock bands found at these music festivals don’t excite you in the slightest, and the natural twang of an acoustic guitar is more your style, then FarmBorough 2015 is the festival for you. It’s the perfect place to hear your favorite country artists while discovering some of the small-time performers that you are sure to love.