This year could be described as one big, colorful collage of potential Halloween costumes. From over-the-top outfits to unexplainable behavior, summer Marvel blockbusters, two weddings dubbed “the wedding of the century” and the death of Osama Bin Laden, there is no doubt that this Halloween will be full of great pop culture references.

For the guys

1. Charlie Sheen

Dress up as Charlie from “Two And A Half Men” by donning a Hawaiian T-shirt or an ugly collared short-sleeve button up with cargo shorts. Or dress up as the real Charlie and sport a white shirt (unbutton the top few buttons) with a fedora and sunglasses. To go over the top, get two girls to be your “goddesses” and carry around a bottle of tiger’s blood.

2. The Hangover Crew

Although “The Hangover Part II” didn’t live up to the original, it’s still a great group costume.zip up

3. Justin Bieber

The teen heartthrob broke the hearts of millions of teenage girls when his pictures with Selena Gomez surfaced. But that didn’t jeopardize his fame, as he’s still one of the hottest celebrities of 2011. Wear a purple American Apparel zip-up over a white V-neck T-shirt, fitted dark blue jeans, some Nike dunks, a flat-brimmed cap and Greek Neon sunglasses — you’ll be breaking hearts in no time.

4. Scott Disick aka Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend

Arguably the best-dressed member of the Kardashian clan, Disick is bound to have some look-alikes this Halloween. Slick your hair back, dress in a fitted suit, but add some color and a little more prep. Don a pink button-up with a purple sweater tied around your neck and a pair of khakis. He’s known for mixing prints and colors; some people compare him to Chuck Bass.

5. Seal Team Six

The team that killed bin Laden is predicted to be among the most popular costumes of 2011. Grab some friends and dress in traditional army attire. Print out the Seal Team Six badge and glue it to your upper arm. Support those troops.

For the girls

1. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie aka the cousins of Prince William

These noble cousins turned millions of heads when they walked into Westminster Abbey in those over-the-top fascinator hats. Find some outlandish outfits — one in a dusty pink, the other in cobalt blue — and fasten a matching fascinator on top of your head. Voilà, you’re now a guest of the royal wedding.

2. Nicki Minaj

Geometric patterns, bold prints, crazy nylon leggings, sky-high pink wigs and basically anything under the stars would be acceptable for a Nick Minaj outfit.

3. Bridesmaids

The movie that had boys and girls alike crying with laughter is sure to be a hit this Halloween. All you need is your friends and some 1980s magenta prom dresses and you’re good to go.

4. “Pan Am” stewardess

Although “The Playboy Club” was cancelled after only its first episode, its rival show, “Pan Am,” made the cut. Channel a 1960s Pan Am stewardess by wearing a blue suit and a blue bowling ball bag with a glued-on Pan Am trademark. You’ll be flying back in time.

5. Katy Perry

Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga have inspired many before us, and now we can add Katy Perry to the Halloween Hall of Fame. It’s fair to conclude that she dresses as if every day were Halloween. Rock a super tight, cleavage-revealing dress with a colorful wig and you’re golden. Or sport a pin-up inspired look. Make sure to add glitter and playful patterns like polka dots or cupcakes because she loves to wow.