Timmy Shin/Staff Photographer

Name: Tranquil Bar and Bistro

Food type: Bar/Bistro

Price point: Moderate

Restaurant Week: Dinner only

Pumpkin-lovers, rejoice. If you’ve been craving fall foods such as butternut squash, apples and cranberries, Tranquil Bar and Bistro is the perfect choice for you. Tranquil offers a culinary fall festival wrapped up into four delicious courses. You read that right — four courses.

Since most restaurants participating in Restaurant Week only include three courses, Tranquil’s menu offers the best bang for your buck. You can enjoy the generous-sized portions while relaxing in the urban, Manhattan-like atmosphere of Tranquil Bar and Bistro.

The fall flavors begin with the first course, which includes a choice between the Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi or two different salads. The pumpkin gnocchi is a must-have, since this yummy twist on Italian food will be difficult to find anywhere else. The salads include ingredients such as walnuts, dried cherries and bacon topped with unique dressings like apple cider vinaigrette. This blend of tasty flavors makes a perfect match for the rich Butternut Squash soup, found among the second course options. The Soup Du Jour portion of the menu allows another opportunity for a delicious appetizer.

The third course presents the main entrée, where you can order mouth-watering dishes such as the Beef Tenderloin, complete with bourbon sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. Every bite bursts with flavor, as the andouille sausage provides an extra kick of spiciness. The Duck Sausage Risotto combines delicious caramelized onions and butternut squash.

The fall theme continues to the end of the meal, where the essence of the season is even captured in the desserts. Since many of the previous courses may be on the richer, heavier side, the Chocolate Mousse Trio is a good option for a sweet and light treat. The trio includes the flavors of pumpkin, chocolate and white chocolate mousse. The pumpkin mousse gets an extra kick of fall with dried cranberries on top.

Tranquil Bar and Bistro is the perfect place to celebrate the fall season before it ends. You won’t experience gourmet dishes anywhere else during Restaurant Week.