Name: Nezuntoz

Food type: Sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups and specialty drinks

Price point: Low

Restaurant Week: Lunch only

Aside from being one of my favorite places to eat, Nezuntoz is an excellent choice for Restaurant Week. A complete meal for $10 includes half a sandwich or quiche, a cup of homemade soup, dessert and a drink.

There are so many sandwiches to choose from that satisfy tons of different food cravings. Nezuntoz’s food choices range from breakfast to an early dinner. There is the bagel starter menu, the flatbread menu, the signature sandwiches and wraps menu, the salads menu and the smaller drink menus.

There are a bunch of egg combinations on bagels, sandwiches or even a la carte. The signature sandwiches and wraps are definitely the most exciting and famously ordered. The choices range from the Turkey Torta (turkey, Swiss cheese, fresh salsa, leaf lettuce and chipotle aioli) to Maggie’s Farm (artichoke hearts, sautéed mushrooms and onions, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomato and pesto) to the Firenze (grilled chicken, tomato, feta, baby spinach and balsamic vinaigrette). You can order these on ciabatta bread, wholegrain or white, or as a wrap.

The flatbread menu has an interesting range of combinations as well. The Jack Straw includes sautéed mushrooms, onions, Parmesan, garlic and olive oil. The Buffalo Roam includes grilled chicken breast, mozzarella cheese and hot sauce. Any of the flatbread options can also be ordered as paninis for an extra $1.

There are also plenty of vegetarian options and tofu substitutions.

As for drinks, you can order espressos, coffees, teas and even fruit smoothies. There is a coffee bean station where you can choose from several flavors of beans to purchase.

Everything at Nezuntoz is fresh and prepared right in front of you. It is an independent restaurant, making the food choices even more unique and exciting. Another great thing about the restaurant being independent with everything freshly made is the combination and substitution flexibility.

It also has a very casual atmosphere. You order your food, watch as it’s prepared and take it to your table or to go. The restaurant is clean and has a café-style setting.

I personally have tried several things from each menu and have enjoyed every single one of them. The freshness of the ingredients is key to the food’s success. Even the food presentation is done very well; everything looks so colorful and appetizing.

For my Restaurant Week visit though, I chose to order the Hummus A Tune sandwich on the whole grain ciabatta bread. The bread was fresh and soft with hummus, feta and roasted red peppers. I’d have to say the Hummus A Tune sandwich is my favorite sandwich to order. You can choose from any of the sandwich choices on the Signature Sandwich Menu as part of the Restaurant Week special, along with any of its homemade soups on the side. I ordered one of their soft cookies for dessert — a perfect ending to a delicious meal.