This Spring Fling, prepare for an extra dose of daylight, because Matt and Kim are coming to Binghamton University.

The indie rock duo, known for energetic hits like “Good Ol’ Fashion Nightmare,” “Let’s Go” and “Daylight,” will be performing on Saturday, May 3 on a stage outside of the Student Wing.

As the third highest-voted group on this year’s Spring Fling survey, Matt and Kim are deserving of our headlining spot. They have played at festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella, and unlike headliners from previous years, they haven’t been irrelevant since 2003.

“They’re fun, entertaining and they don’t just play music, they put on a show,” said Mariana Moriello, vice president of programming for the Student Association (SA).

Moriello and the SA are taking a different approach with Spring Fling this year, turning the concert into a festival-style event and merging it with International Fest. During the day, International Fest will be held on the Peace Quad and Spring Fling mainly along the Spine, with rides and entertainment dispersed throughout.

“We’re combining the two events but hoping to keep their separate identities,” Moriello said.

This year’s concert will begin at 6 p.m. with the winner of this year’s Battle of the Bands student competition, followed by 3LAU, Joey Bada$$ and RDGLDGRN.

“We’re hoping to make Spring Fling bigger and better than ever before, taking ideas from festivals from around the country,” Moriello said.

While we don’t want to give anything away, Haley Garofalo, events chair for the SA Programming Board, promises that “there’s a genre for everyone.”

So stay tuned for those announcements, and prepare yourselves for an unforgettable Spring Fling. We’ll see you there.