Timmy Shin/Staff Photographer Finding a decent cup of coffee should no longer be a problem for Binghamton University students after visiting L?aveggio on Court Street.

Local artisan roaster L’aveggio Roasteria offers a unique coffee experience that can’t be found at a chain such as Starbucks. Located conveniently at 101 Court St., students can escape the stress of schoolwork to relax and enjoy many flavors of home-roasted coffee.

The secret to L’aveggio’s delicious drinks is the small batch artisan roasting of the coffee beans. The term “roasteria” literally means “roasting on site,” a process that owner and roast master Coe Young carefully monitors to make sure every customer gets a tasty and fresh cup of coffee.

L’aveggio also specializes in preparing espressos in the traditional Italian style, something that is hard to find in other coffee shops in the area.

Customers at the espresso bar are able to watch this traditional roasting process through a large window at the back of the shop. When you order a beverage from L’aveggio, you’re guaranteed that the coffee will be fresh, no more than seven days out of the roaster. The organic coffee beans are shipped directly from a range of quality sources, such as the Dominican Republic, Sumatra and Brazil. Owner Mary Ann Magazzi-Young said L’aveggio’s variety allows customers to “explore the flavors of the world through a cup of coffee.”

If a customer is uncertain about which beverage to choose, they can sample the differences between the dark and light roasts before purchase.

L’aveggio also serves treats from local bakers to go along with the many styles and blends of coffee. Selections for non-coffee drinkers include tea, cold drinks and hot chocolate.

If you’re planning on pulling an all-nighter for midterms, L’aveggio has good news — the original roasted flavors are also available for purchase by the pound. L’aveggio’s homemade coffee will soon be available at Binghamton University’s Food Co-op, but can be found at local spots such as Crepe Heaven and the Art Mission Theater.