We all know that walking around alone on campus is infinitely more enjoyable with headphones on, but finding the perfect song to score your life isn’t easy. What do you do when no new albums are catching your fancy and the Top 40 is already on repeat in the dining hall? Avoid shuffling endlessly with this playlist for everyday situations we’ve all encountered at Binghamton University.

1. Strutting around campus

“Royals” — Lorde

From seeing your ex’s rebound while walking to class to celebrating an A on your midterm, there are times you just need to strut. The 17-year-old New Zealander Lorde has been all over the radio, but if you think her first hit is overplayed or overrated, you’re just plain lying.

2. Leaving the library after dark

“Daylight” — Matt & Kim

Daylight: the very thing we lack during depressing winter evenings. Heading to Glenn G. Bartle Library during the day and leaving after dusk is always a bummer, but this song is an automatic mood lifter.

3. Drowning out annoying people on the bus

“Little Talks” — Of Monsters and Men

“Don’t listen to a word I say…” That’s the plan. This one has great dialogue to overpower even the deepest of discussions about sorority pledges or the kid who vomited in the sink Friday night.

4. Deflecting saying “Hi” to someone

“Gone for Good” — The Shins

Everyone has those awkward acquaintances they never want to run into, whether it’s someone from your high school you never talked to or a one-time hook-up. This breakup song applies to those people you somehow encounter all the time out of the thousands of students on campus.

5. Seeing that attractive stranger

“Anything Could Happen” — Ellie Goulding

It’s easy to lose hope when the beautiful guy or girl in your anthropology class has no idea you exist. Let Ellie lift your spirits when he or she maybe, kind of looked your way for three seconds.

6. Eating alone in the dining hall

“Lonely Boy” — The Black Keys

Catchy enough to be distracting, tame enough to resist the impulse to lip-synch or head-bob embarrassingly.

7. Waking up for an 8:30 a.m. class

“Love on Top” — Beyoncé

Who doesn’t want to be serenaded by Queen B in the morning? Listen while getting ready and before you know it, you’ll be dancing around your dorm room with a toothbrush in your mouth and maybe even become … a morning person.

8. Walking to class on the first brutal Binghamton winter day

“My Boots” — Lights

Just when you thought Binghamton couldn’t get any grayer, winter approaches. Mornings are even colder, and dragging yourself to class is even harder. Lights takes an upbeat approach to winter that’ll ease your pain.

9. After your last final

“Dog Days Are Over” — Florence and the Machine

Florence has the voice of a goddess, and her ubiquitous anthem will translate your post-finals relief and ecstasy into beautiful music. Speed to Long Island (probably) with this blasting in your car for a perfect winter break road trip.

10. Reaching the ending of the Nutella jar while pulling an all-nighter

“My Body” — Young the Giant

We’ve all done it, and there’s no shame in it. Well, maybe a little. Nutella is medicine for college sorrows, and even if your body tells you no, you won’t quit. Young the Giant encapsulates our relationship with the scarily addicting chocolate hazelnut spread in this upbeat hit.

So, now you have an album of your own to battle your musical dilemmas. Turn to this playlist in times of need for a song appropriate for any mundane occasion.