Photo credit: www.thisgoesin.com

You’ve seen the Facebook statuses, you’ve heard the rumors, so here’s the official word: J. Cole will be headlining the Binghamton University fall concert.

The Student Association Programming Board confirmed the news after the artist’s tour announcement ignited the fire of BU social media circles.

Rapper, producer and Roc Nation prince J. Cole will take the Events Center stage on Sept. 26 as part of his “What Dreams May Come” tour. He’ll be playing tracks off mixtapes and his two studio albums, which both hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts. The artist’s most recent release, “Born Sinner,” was released in June and includes the single “Power Trip” feat. Miguel.

Rapper Wale will join J. Cole for many stops on the tour. The two rappers have previously collaborated on multiple songs, including the can-you-top-this-shit MC showcase “Winter Schemes.”

“We are super excited,” said Mariana Moriello, vice president of programming for the SA.

The fall concert presale will begin on Aug. 24 at University Fest. Prices are yet to be determined, as is the show’s opening act.

“Wale is a possibility,” Moriello said. “However, we have not officially booked an opener.”

Among the students happy to hear about BU booking J. Cole was Brian Castillo, a senior majoring in economics. Castillo said he was excited to have the rapper perform to close out his time at BU.

“I’m not always happy with Bing’s artists of choice but they couldn’t time them more appropriately,” Castillo wrote. “Drake freshman year, and J. Cole for the finale.”

Moriello hinted at some other plans the SAPB has to turn it up this coming semester.

“We also have a small surprise for University Fest,” she added, “so stay tuned for updates on the SA Facebook page regarding that.”

“It’s going to be a wild ride,” J. Cole said in an official press release for the tour. So hang on tight, Binghamton. This is only the beginning.