The walk to the gym can feel long and lonely without a friend beside you. If you’re hoofing it anyways, there’s no reason to be bored on the way to “Becoming A Better You” (insert sweeping hand gesture). But seriously, there’s a perfect song for every situation, and here’s hoping the list below is your saving grace. See you on the hill to the East Gym!

If it’s rainy, check out an upbeat instrumental, such as “IPlayYouListen” by ODESZA, Skrillex’s “Bug Hunt (Noisia Remix)” or “Baptism” by Crystal Castles.

If it’s sunny, try something anthemic like Lana Del Rey’s “National Anthem” or “Mutha’uckas” by Flight of the Conchords.

If it’s “Binghamton” outside, try something melancholy, such as “Teen Idle” by Marina & the Diamonds or The Killers’ “A White Demon Love Song.”

If you’re on your way to yoga, try a relaxing song, like “You Know What I Mean” by Cults, POP ETC’s “Speak Up” or Spoon’s “I Turn My Camera On.”

If you’re on your way to spinning, take on something hardcore, such as “Comeback Kid” by Sleigh Bells or Childish Gambino’s “Heartbeat.”

For lighter fare, try a great mashup such as Florence and the Machine/Marina & the Diamonds’ “Radiospectrum.”

Off to Pilates? Try some jazzy-pop, like “Don’t Gotta Work it Out” by Fitz and the Tantrums or Parov Stelar’s “Booty Swing.”

If you’re coming from Newing, and you have a short walk (lucky you), go for a 2-3 minute bubblegum pop song like Demi Lovato’s “Heart Attack” or “Stupid Boy” by T. Mills.

If you’re coming from Hinman or Mountainview and have a longer walk, check out a mix of alt rock and pop including “Little Numbers” by Mutual Friends, The Verve’s “Bittersweet Symphony,” “No Love” by Hooray For Earth, and “Houdini” by Foster the People.

If you’re heading for the elliptical, try a classic hipster tune like Grizzly Bear’s “Two Weeks.”

On your way to the tennis courts? Try a classic like “Elenore” by The Turtles or “Movin’ Out” by Billy Joel.

For best results, (briskly) walk to the beat.