For all you electro-house fans out there, Tau Epsilon Phi and Colleges Against Cancer are working together to hold a benefit concert for the American Cancer Society. Their goal — to raise $10,000.

“Lazers Against Cancer” will feature hype man Skerrit Bwoy of Major Lazer, a collaborative music project from DJ/producers Diplo and Switch. Major Lazer is famous for spreading the world-wide dance phenomenon “daggering” and songs like “Keep it Going Louder” and “Pon de Floor,” featured in Beyonce’s “Run the World (Girls).”

Connor Kinslow, philanthropy chair of TEP and the show’s executive producer, said that further fundraising is essential.

“While the concert will take place next semester, all the ticket proceeds from the event will go directly to the American Cancer Society, so we need to fundraise now and over the next few months in order to raise enough money to hold the actual event,” said Kinslow, a junior majoring in biochemistry.

Currently TEP is collaborating with more than 20 student groups to help fundraise for and co-host the event, including social and professional Greek life organizations, Latin American Student Union, Juvenile Urban Multicultural Program and Powerful United Ladies Striving to Elevate.

Kinslow feels the concert both promises to promote diversity on Binghamton University’s campus and raises awareness for a good charity.

“I think the event will be successful because we are uniting so many different groups on campus to promote an important, universal cause in a fun, energetic environment,” Kinslow said. “However, we still want to spread the word and get many more campus organizations involved.”

The concert is tentatively scheduled for Friday, March 2 in the Mandela Room/Old Union Hall on campus. While the ticket price is still to be determined, Kinslow approximates that 1,200 tickets will be available and the concert will last for about three and a half hours.

Red Bull will also sponsor the event, providing free energy drinks and featuring its famous “Red Bull Girls.”

“I see this as being the second biggest event of the semester after Spring Fling,” Kinslow said. “I’ll leave the biggest event to [the Student Association Programming Board].”