Monday, Oct. 24

Building Bridges to Cultural Competency

The University Center for Training and Development is hosting a workshop to increase awareness of cultural differences with a short video and an in-depth discussion. Participants will meet from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.binghamton.edu/uctd/.

Location: New University Union room 325

Price: Free

Tuesday, Oct. 25

Technology on the go

Join Jose O’Tero from Best Buy as he introduces an assortment of tablets and e-Readers by unleashing their capabilities for both business and leisure. The event will take place from noon to 1 p.m.

Location: New University Union room 324

Price: Free

Wednesday, Oct. 26

Choosing a major

Still trying to pick a major? The Career Development Center and Harpur Academic Advising are hosting a program about the major decision-making process. It will take place from 4 to 5 p.m.

Location: New University Union room 325

Price: Free

Thursday, Oct. 27

Kindle vs. Nook

The e-Reader Battle: Confused over which e-Reader is right for you? The University Center for Training and Development will explore the features of each. It will meet from noon to 1 p.m.

Location: Old University Union room 124

Price: Free

Mid-day concert

Enjoy a concert featuring Binghamton University faculty and student performers. The event will be held from 1:20 to 2:20 p.m.

Location: Casadesus Recital Hall

Price: Free

Friday, Oct. 28

Last day for seniors to submit an application for a degree for fall 2011.

Course withdrawal with a “W”/Change grade deadline.

Flashlight corn maze

Travel with Outdoor Pursuits to a giant eight-acre corn maze where clues along the way will help you find the exit. Answer wrong and you may find yourself at a dead end. Cider, donuts and other goodies await those who find their way out. Sign up in the Outdoor Pursuits office, Old University Union room 260, by Wednesday, Oct. 26.

Price: $10

Halloween Feature

The Magician: Are you a believer or a non-believer? Celebrate Halloween at Vogler’s Magic Health Theater where the Ingmar Bergman’s classic will be presented in its sparkling new Criterion restoration. The screening will be from 7:30 to 9:10 p.m.

Location: Lecture Hall 6

Price: $4

Saturday, Oct. 29

Haunted Corn Maze & Hay Ride

Little does anyone know, but the largest corn maze in Finger Lakes was actually witness to a horrible massacre. Are you brave enough to face these angry spirits?

Location: T-Burg Mini Golf course (1966 Route 96, Trumansburg, N.Y.)

Price: $13 in advance, $15 day of

Men’s Soccer

Cheer on our Bearcats as they play Boston University. The game will be held from 7 to 9 p.m.

Location: Bearcats Sports Complex

Price: Free to students

Sunday, Oct. 30

Wind Symphony

Holst! The Binghamton University Wind Symphony, directed by Robert Smith, will perform. Call (607) 777-ARTS for tickets. The concert will be held from 3 to 4:30 p.m.

Location: Anderson Center Chamber Hall

Price: $6 general public, $3 faculty/staff/seniors, free for students

Monday, Oct. 31

Happy Halloween!

La Tovola Italiana

La Tavola Italiana will be held this semester at 1 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. All levels of proficiency welcome. For more information, contact Olivia Holmes at oholmes@binghamton.edu or (607) 777-5725.

Location: John Arthur Café in the Fine Arts Building

Price: Free