What’s new

“Revolution”

Premieres: Sept. 17 at 10 p.m. on NBC

J.J. Abrams of “Lost” and Eric Kripke of “Supernatural” team up to create a mythology-based drama set in a post-apocalyptic future.

“The Mindy Project”

Premieres: Sept. 25 at 9:30 p.m. on Fox

Mindy Kaling is the star and creator of this new comedy about a single woman with a great career as an OB/GYN, but a less-than-thrilling love life.

“666 Park Avenue”

Premieres: Sept. 30 at 10 p.m. on ABC

This interesting new show depicts a hotel of residents who each have a deep, dark secret: They all made deals with the Devil to make their dreams come true. A great cast mixed with supernatural drama makes this is one show you won’t want to miss.

“Arrow”

Premieres: Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. on CW

Enjoy this retelling of the famed superhero, a wealthy young man by day, crime fighter by night. Watch as Arrow takes down his dad’s enemies to clear his name.

“Nashville”

Premieres: Oct. 10 at 10 p.m. on ABC

Connie Britton of “American Horror Story” stars as Rayna James, a middle-aged country singer whose fame is beginning to wane. She is told she must open for Juliette Barnes, an up-and-coming singer played by Hayden Panettiere, and drama ensues.

Returning shows

“Flipping Out”

Returns: Sept. 4 at 9 p.m. on Bravo

Our favorite house-flipper returns for some crazy, rage-filled antics. It’s kicking off its sixth season.

“Glee”

Returns: Sept. 6 at 9 p.m. on Fox

The fourth season will alternate between the New Directions (and newcomers in Lima) and the graduates. Guest stars will include Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, and there will be another Britney Spears tribute.

“The Voice”

Returns: Sept. 10 at 8 p.m. on NBC

Arguably the best singing competition on TV is returning. Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, CeeLo Green and Christina Aguliera are back for another season, hoping to find the next great artist.

“The Real Housewives of Miami”

Returns: Sept. 13 at 9 p.m. on Bravo

Want to see the scariest looking woman alive? Then tune in for this show’s second season and enjoy Mama Elsa.

“Boardwalk Empire”

Returns: Sept. 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO

HBO’s popular mob drama is returning. Watch season 3 to see crazy Nucky and his new rival Gyp Rosetti (James Cromwell).

“The Office”

Returns: Sept. 20 at 9 p.m. on NBC

Join your favorite characters of “The Office” as it enters its ninth and final season. Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak will be missing from the cast, and there will be few appearances by John Krasinski and Ed Helms. Though this is disappointing, at least viewers will find out who is behind the documentary as well as the identity of the Scranton Strangler.

“Parks and Recreation”

Returns: Sept. 20 at 9:30 p.m. on NBC

Lots of changes are happening on “Parks and Recreation”: Leslie is now Councilwoman Knope, Ben is going to Washington, D.C., Andy goes to police academy and Ann and Tom might live together. Tune in for more surprises, like a possible love interest for Ron Swanson.

“Dancing with the Stars”

Returns: Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. on ABC

The dancing competition embarks on its 15th season, but with a new twist: all competitors are fan favorites and/or previous winners of DWTS.

“How I Met Your Mother”

Returns: Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. on CBS

If you’re dying to see Robin and Barney’s wedding, you’re just going to have to wait until the end of season 8. There are currently two plotlines for the show, one that would continue into a ninth season and one that would end it this season.

“New Girl”

Returns: Sept. 25 at 8 p.m. on Fox

After a great first season, Jess returns with her roommates for more adventures.

“Modern Family”

Returns: Sept. 26 on ABC

Gloria’s pregnancy becomes a huge plot point this season, along with Haley going off to college. And there is the promise of another big Halloween episode to look forward to.

“Law & Order: SVU”

Returns: Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. on NBC

Season 14 of our favorite crime-fighting police drama returns in a two-hour premiere.

“Grey’s Anatomy”

Returns: Sept. 27 at 9 p.m. on ABC

Easily one of the most dramatic medical shows on TV returns, picking up with the characters two or three months after their rescue from the plane crash.

“Once Upon a Time”

Returns: Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. on ABC

Fairy tales do exist in Storybrooke, Maine. Season 2 of ABC’s hit show will explore new stories, including “Sleeping Beauty,” “Peter Pan,” “Mulan” and “Red Riding Hood.”

“The Amazing Race”

Returns: Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. on CBS

Take a trip to Bangladesh and India as “The Amazing Race” starts its 21st season.

“Family Guy”

Returns: Sept. 30 at 9 p.m. on Fox

Lois has a mid-life crisis, Meg falls for a guy like Chris and Stewie and Brian discover that Lois’ dad’s company has discovered the cure to cancer. Plus, this season includes the series’ 200th episode.

“Jersey Shore”

Returns: Oct. 4 at 10 p.m. on MTV

The cast returns to the shore for its last hurrah. The only difference is that a pregnant Snooki will live in a different house.

“Gossip Girl”

Returns: Oct. 8 at 9 p.m. on the CW

Join our favorite Upper East Siders in the show’s sixth and final season. With only 10 episodes remaining in the series, you better get your “Gossip Girl” fix while you can.

“The Vampire Diaries”

Returns: Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. on the CW

Though there is no more Alaric, season 4 promises to be just as intense, especially since Elena is now a vampire.

“American Horror Story”

Returns: Oct. 17 at 10 p.m. on FX

No more murder house; we’re moving to the insane asylum. The only returning cast members from last season are Jessica Lange, Evan Peters and Zachary Quinto.