Vladimir Kolesnikov/Contributing Photographer Freshman midfielder Rebecca Golderman netted four goals in BU’s victory over Siena on Wednesday.

After losing its first three away games of the season, the Binghamton women’s lacrosse team appeared determined to end its early skid. The Bearcats (3-3) accomplished that and then some — picking up their first road victory, 9-6, at Siena (3-2) on Wednesday.

“I was really proud to see a total team effort today,” BU head coach Stephanie Allen said. “Our players came out and competed for 60 minutes. We worked together to create by generating good off-ball movement. It opened up some easy looks for us.”

The impressive performance of freshman midfielder Rebecca Golderman helped spark the Bearcats’ intensity. Hailing from nearby Albany, Golderman felt right at home as she netted four goals in a breakout performance.

“Performing back in her hometown, there was a little bit of a nostalgic feeling for her,” Allen said. “We’re really excited for her and we hope to see her continue this effort.”

Golderman started the Bearcats’ attack by scoring the game’s first goal just over a minute into play. Minutes later, freshman midfielder Olivia Batista added to the lead by netting a goal by way of a feed from senior attack Sophia Racciatti. The Saints refused to back down early, however, notching two goals over the next five minutes.

But Binghamton proceeded to rattle off a 7-1 run to push the tally to 9-3 with just under 12 minutes to play. Golderman led the squad through its scoring tear as she put away her final three goals of the game. Four other Bearcats each buried a goal during the offensive frenzy as well. Siena finished with a late push, scoring three unanswered before the end of the regulation, but it proved fruitless as Binghamton cruised to the 9-6 win.

The Bearcats’ defensive contributions were equal to their offensive output. Senior defender Allie Rodgers, who entered the game averaging 3.4 caused turnovers per game, led the defensive effort registering two against the Saints.

Sophomore Emma Jehle and senior Erin McNulty each played one half in goal, both delivering solid performances as the Bearcats allowed fewer than seven goals for the second time this season. Binghamton appeared poised and composed on both sides of the ball throughout the game, delivering one of its best games of the season. But, Allen still sees room for improvement.

“I think we’re still trying to clean things up,” Allen said. “We need to reduce how much we foul and offensively we need to generate a little more power and get a few more goals per game.”

Binghamton is set to return to action when it travels to face off against Marist on Saturday. First draw is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. from Leonidoff Field in Poughkeepsie, New York.