Binghamton men’s soccer keeper Robert Moewes has been named to the 2015 Hermann Trophy Watch List, a preseason list of contenders for the Missouri Athletic Conference’s Hermann Trophy — the most esteemed award in NCAA soccer. Awarded annually to one male and one female collegiate soccer player, Moewes, a junior, is only the second athlete in program history to be selected to the Hermann watch list, and one of just 30 male players nationally selected this preseason.

Last season, the Dortmund, Germany native was selected as the America East Goalkeeper of the Year after helping the Bearcats advance to the conference semifinals for the first time since 2008. Moewes delivered in BU’s AE quarterfinal game against Stony Brook, making three stops in a penalty kick shootout victory over the Seawolves. In addition, Moewes finished 2014 nationally ranked in two individual categories. Of all Division I goalies, he ranked 36th in saves per game, stopping 4.53 shots per contest and 46th in save percentage, checking in at a .802 clip.

“Robert has had a great start to his career at Binghamton and this honor is well-deserved,” BU head coach Paul Marco said to bubearcats.com. “We are happy for him and are hopeful to see his name on the ballot at the end of the year.”

The winners of the Hermann Trophy — selected by the NSCAA Men’s and Women’s NCAA Division I All-America Committees — will be announced in January.