In its final regular-season meet of 2015, the Binghamton men’s and women’s track and field teams competed in the Big Red Invitational, a no-team scoring event.

Graduate student thrower Jason Bensaull and junior hurdler Cameron Black led the men’s side. Bensaull finished second in the javelin throw with a distance of 163-9 feet while Black placed third in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.99 seconds. Other top finishers for the Bearcats included a third-place finish from freshman Charles Villa in the pole vault (14-9 feet) as well as fourth-place finishes from senior middle-distance runner Josh Miller in the 400-meter event (49.60) and junior pole-vaulter Chris Nock, who recorded a height of 14-9 feet.

Freshman javelin thrower Lauren Miller paced BU on the women’s side. Miller recorded a distance of 124-3 feet in the javelin throw, placing second in the event. Binghamton received third-place finishes from senior pole-vaulter Christy DiMichele, who jumped a distance of 11-11 3/4 feet, and freshman thrower Oyin Adewale, who threw a distance of 39-5 1/4 feet in the shot put.

The Binghamton men’s and women’s teams are set to return to action Saturday at the America East outdoor championships, hosted by Albany. The first event is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. from the Track and Field Venue in Albany, New York.