The Binghamton track and field team broke multiple program records this weekend when it competed at both the Princeton Invitational and in the Bucknell Team Challenge.

At Princeton, senior Jesse Garn continued his stellar season by finishing second overall in the 800-meter event with a time of 1:47.03. This time was the fastest of all collegiate runners in the event and stands as the fourth-fastest time in the NCAA East Region this season. The performance qualified Garn to run at the NCAA East Regional meet, hosted by North Florida, next month.

Also qualifying to participate at the NCAA East Regional were sophomore Keishorea Armstrong and junior Alexis Hatcher. Armstrong was victorious in both the 100-meter event (11.88) and the long jump (20-2) at Bucknell, setting a program record in the latter. Junior Shannon McBrien finished third in the 800-meter event, but her time of 2:14.41 set a new program record. These performances helped the women’s side finish second in a field of eight teams. Hatcher, competing at Princeton, broke the current Binghamton record in the 1500-meter event with a time of 4:33.11.

The men’s side, meanwhile, finished third due to strong contributions from multiple Bearcats. Senior Brandon Bordeau won both the shot put and discus throw while sophomore Jon Alkins finished first in the 100- and 200-meter events. Sophomore Eric Holt met IC4A qualifications after his performance in the 1500-meter event with a time of 3:46.38.

The Bearcats are scheduled to return to action April 23-25 at the Penn Relays at Franklin Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.