The Binghamton men’s tennis team lost its inaugural matches in the Mid-American Conference this weekend, falling to 2-2 on the season. Facing Northern Illinois and Western Michigan on the road, BU dropped both matchups by a score of 4-3 to start the conference season, 0-2.

In DeKalb, Illinois against the Huskies (4-2, 1-0 Mid-American Conference) on Friday, the Bearcats captured the doubles round as all three BU pairs took victories. In the singles round, however, Binghamton fared differently. Despite wins from senior Robin Lesage and junior Eliott Hureau, the Bearcats dropped the other four singles matchups against NIU, falling for the first time this season, 4-3.

Two days later, in Kalamazoo, Michigan against Western Michigan (5-3, 1-0), BU struggled in the doubles round. Lesage and Hureau earned Binghamton’s lone victory in the round, 6-2, as the Bearcats seeked to improve on Friday’s singles performance.

In the singles round, Hureau finished the weekend a winner, defeating his opponent in two by margins of 6-0 and 6-2. While senior Ismael Dinia and sophomore Thomas Caputo also took wins in the singles round to match WMU’s three singles wins, the Bearcats were done in from their doubles performance, and fell again, 4-3.

BU is set to return to action on Friday, traveling to Richmond, Virginia to face Virginia Commonwealth University. First serve is set for 2 p.m.