In the conclusion of its fall season, the Binghamton golf team ended with a seventh place finish out of 12 teams in the Lehigh University Invitational this weekend. Leading the pack for BU in the invite was sophomore Kyle Wambold. Wambold posted a combined score of 155 (+11) to end the weekend in 11th place, a spot he shared with golfers from Rutgers, Lafayette, LaSalle and Towson.

Also finishing in the top 25 for the Bearcats was senior Josh Holling. Despite having posted a score of 83 (+11) on the opening day of the tournament, the captain came roaring back on Sunday shooting a team-best 76 (+4) on the day. The effort propelled Holling to a 23rd-place finish, which he shared with competitors from Lehigh, Siena, Fordham and Villanova.

Fellow senior captain Jack Sedgewick also rallied back in the second round from a disappointing Saturday, tying for 28th after shooting a combined 160 (+16) during the weekend.

The golf team will now recess from competition until the start of its spring season, ending its fall campaign with two finishes in the top half and one first-place team finish. The Bearcats are scheduled to tee off again on March 22 at the C&F Bank Intercollegiate Invite hosted by William and Mary.