Franz Lino/Photo Editor Junior midfielder Katherine Corcoran tallied eight shots on goal during BU’s three-game win streak.

The Binghamton women’s soccer team looks to continue its three-game winning streak on the road this weekend when it takes on Niagara and Canisius.

Outscoring their opponents, 9-2, in their last three games, the Bearcats (3-3) are firing on all cylinders headed into this weekend. But solid team play by the Purple Eagles of Niagara (2-1-1) and the Golden Griffins of Canisius (1-5) has the potential to cool down a hot BU squad.

Niagara has held its opponents to only three goals this season, including turning in two shut-outs against Drexel and Duquesne.

“Both teams descend with numbers and attack with numbers,” Binghamton head coach Sarah McClellan said. “They get their players forward and they work to get back. It’s two teams that will give us some good tests in breaking them down.”

Also paramount for the Bearcats this weekend is their productivity in the attacking third. Despite out-shooting the opposition, 59-22, over its last three matchups, Binghamton has had too many close calls for comfort. A chief example was last weekend’s contest against Lafayette: Despite a nine-shot advantage, the Bearcats needed an overtime goal to secure a victory.

“We’re working a lot on our attacking possession,” McClellan said. “We know that we need to be able to keep the ball longer in the attacking half. We’re working a lot on our transition back to defend.”

McClellan hopes that her team will remain tough throughout the remainder of the road trip. This long stretch away from the Bearcat Sports Complex will be an interesting test for the younger Binghamton players.

“It’s a good challenge mentally for our toughness,” McClellan said. “We are expecting players to perform and work really hard and do their best out there, because we need to continue to improve as we move closer to conference season. We know that we need to be better.”

After Sunday’s game against Canisius, BU will only have two more opportunities to improve its game against non-conference opponents. Both remaining teams — St. Bonaventure and Cornell — defeated the Bearcats in their last meetings.

Friday’s game against Niagara is slated to kickoff at 4 p.m. at Niagara Field in Lewiston. Sunday’s game against Canisius is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Demske Sports Complex in Buffalo.