Following their runner-up finish at the indoor conference meet in February, the Binghamton women’s and men’s track and field squads competed at the America East Outdoor Championships over the weekend and finished in third and fourth place, respectively.

There were four first-place finishes for the women’s team. Freshman Keishorea Armstrong highlighted the Bearcats’ success in Vermont, winning the Most Outstanding Rookie award. Six individuals from the men’s team captured second in their events.

Junior Alexx Baum took first place in the women’s triple jump with a distance of 40-10 ½ and was also part of the winning 4×100 relay team. The quartet, including Baum, Armstrong, junior Ivory Taussig and senior Kathleen Klein, won the relay with a time of 46.17 seconds. Armstrong also finished third in both the 100 and 200 meter relays with times of 11.80 and 24.33 seconds, respectively.

Junior Christy DiMichele and sophomore Tori Shaffer rounded out the first-place finishers for the Bearcats. DiMichele recorded a height of 12-1 ½ in the pole vault, and Shaffer notched a 5-7 mark in the high jump for their titles.

Second-place finishers included junior Pat Heikkila, whose 54-6 ½ mark broke the school record for shot put, senior Ben Snodgrass (14:35.19 in the 5,000), sophomore Joe Miceli (6,305 in the decathlon), freshman Eric Holt (3:56 in the 1,500), classmate Jon Alkins (21.31 in the 200) and junior Brandon Bordeau (157-04 in the discus).

Nine individuals recorded ECAC or IC4A qualifying numbers. Bordeau, Heikkila, Snodgrass, freshman pole vaulter Peter Fagan, sophomore distance runner Ethan Hausamann, Alkins, DiMichele, Baum and freshman sprinter Sarah Osaheni will all represent BU at the ECAC/IC4A Outdoor Championships in two weeks.

For team results, Albany’s men’s and women’s teams each finished on top in the nine-team tournament. On the women’s side, Albany accumulated 195.50 points. Vermont secured second with 142.50, and BU clinched third with 131. For the men, Albany won easily with 208 points, UMBC and Maine followed up in second and third, respectively, and BU finished in fourth with 108 points.

Next up for the Bearcats are the ECAC/IC4A Outdoor Championships hosted by Princeton. The events will be spread over the weekend of May 16, to give participants the opportunity to earn bids to the NCAA Championships two weeks later. First events are set to begin at 10 a.m. that Friday.