Both of Binghamton’s cross country squads trampled the opposition to secure second place at the Buffalo Stampede on Saturday. Only host Buffalo managed to pull ahead of the Bearcats, taking first in both men’s and women’s contests.

Senior Caitlin Jelinek and junior Andrew Roache led the way, each capturing fourth in their respective races. Jelinek was the top women’s runner in BU’s only other meet this season, the America East Pre-Conference Meet on Sept. 7, and she maintained her status as top dog with a 19:03 5,000-meter mark on Saturday.

Following Jelinek were sophomore Lizzie Greiner in ninth (19:26), freshman Eileen O’Hara in 13th (19:47), freshman Alana MacDonald in 15th (20:02) and sophomore Shannon O’Hara in 21st (20:53).

Buffalo’s Christina Clarkin took first out of 53 with a time of 18:24, leading Buffalo to its landslide win, with 19 points in first. Binghamton trailed behind with 55 points, and Niagara (69) and Grove City (93) rounded up third and fourth, respectively.

For the men’s part, Roache finished the 8,000-meter course with a time of 26:35. Sophomore Nate Kozyra took sixth (26:37), senior Ben Snodgrass was seventh (26:38), junior Jared Rousell eighth (26:39) and sophomore Jon Vallecorsa 11th (26:57).

Buffalo’s Zachary Alhart clocked a time of 25:44 to secure first in the men’s race. The Bulls accumulated 20 points for the win, while Binghamton notched 36 for second. Colgate took third with 107, and Niagara fell in fourth with 123.

Next on Binghamton’s schedule is the Lehigh Paul Short run at noon on Oct. 5 at Lehigh Cross Country Course.