Well Bearcats, you’ve struggled through the semester to make it to the final push. You’ve lost sleep along the way and your grades are barely clinging to life, but now there comes a new issue: finding the right place to continue your studies. Your dorm room contains too many distractions, and when you make your way to Glenn G. Bartle Library, you’ll find that all of the desks, tables and couches are full. But have no fear, because Pipe Dream has a few alternatives for your study space needs.

1. John Arthur Cafe — Despite its convenient location on the Spine, many underclassmen don’t go to John Arthur. This may have to do with the fact that they don’t accept meal plans or credit cards, but for those of you who haven’t gone yet, bring a $5 bill and check it out. Studying in a library is ideal, but studying in a cute, cheap coffeehouse is a close second. Plus, there is a nice mural to remind you of all of the places you can be when you’re done with your paper.

2. The Fine Arts Building — While the Fine Arts building is one of the most confusing buildings to navigate, it contains two easily accessible spots to study — the Anderson Center and the first floor lounge. Located on the same floor as the John Arthur Cafe right by the Memorial Courtyard, the lounge is filled with comfortable couches that are perfect for spreading out textbooks on. Across from the science complex is the Anderson Center, which similarly contains couches and a vaguely comfortable radiator. This area, which is home to Binghamton University’s concert hall, is almost always vacant, and is a good place to go to study alone.

3. STEM Buildings — If you’re in the Science III and V buildings, which are connected to each other, it’s difficult to walk far without finding an open table. These can be found at almost every corner of a given building, and they’re surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows so you can still see that sweet, odd December sunlight we’ve been getting. Similarly, the Engineering Building has a large lounge area outside of its lecture hall that serves as a great spot — if you can find it. Additionally, the Science Library has group study rooms on the first floor which can be reserved online, as well as study rooms on the ground floor that are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

4. University Union Basement — The lounge area located below Moghul and Red Mango is filled with tables and couches that are great for group studying. It also has the added bonus of being right under the Marketplace, so if by some miracle you have money left on your meal plan at this point in the semester, you can get some comfort food at Tully’s to fill the void in your soul that your studies have created. This area is conveniently located next to a bathroom, but doesn’t have any outlets, so avoid it if you’re looking to spend hours writing a paper on your laptop.

5. The Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) Fireplace Lounge — Located directly above the Dickinson Community side of the dining hall, this area is spacious but cozy, with couches surrounding the fireplace and facing out toward the windows, which overlook Dickinson’s scenic marshland. The couch setup also makes the space ideal for multiple people to work together.

6. Alumni Center — As the Alumni Center houses the geography department and the Counseling Center, a lot of students don’t have much reason to enter BU’s shiniest new building. And while this building is new, it contains a lot of the past. Full of University memorabilia, you might procrastinate a bit by exploring BU’s rich history — but you can combine this with studying by sitting at original campus pub tables on the bottom floor. Both levels of the building are filled with seating and outlets and are almost always completely empty. If you want complete silence save for the sound of memories, this should be your go-to spot.