Photo Provided by the Associated Press

For dystopian novel addicts, the end of an era is sadly approaching. November 20, 2015 marks the release of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2,” the final film of The Hunger Games series.

Suzanne Collins’ award winning novels fell into the hands of many back in 2012, when the first film adaptation hit theaters. Since then, the trilogy has exploded onto the pop culture scene and has paved the path to stardom for its leads: Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson.

So what can possibly be read when the phenomenon has ended? It may be hard to pull oneself away from Katniss’ adventures in the futuristic Panem, but finding other science fiction and fantasy series that will appear on the screen this year is a good place to start.

“The Scorch Trials,” the second book of James Dashner’s “The Maze Runner” series came to theaters this past September. If these books haven’t entered your “must-reads” list yet, it may be time to reconsider. The series begins with a disoriented teenager’s placement into an all-male, teen-run society that is controlled by a mysterious maze. The boys have no recollection of their pasts and are forced to survive by themselves, all while trying to escape the deadly maze and discover what type of world exists outside of it. With a dystopian theme and science fiction edge, the books have definite potential for Hunger Games lovers.

For fantasy book lovers, Cassandra Clare’s “The Mortal Instruments” series is back. The novels depict a modern day society containing hidden demons and their hunters. Usually invisible to people, these demons are visible to protagonist Clary and the books work to reveal their mysterious connection. The film adaptation of the first novel in the series, “City of Bones,” had a poor reception at the box office back in 2013. The stories are, however, set to reappear on ABC in 2016 as a TV show.

In theaters March 2016 is the third installment in Veronica Roth’s “Divergent” series: “Allegiant.” Yes, “Divergent” came out in 2014, but its presence is far from diminishing. The series follows a dystopian society that splits its citizens into factions based upon their inner character. The novels explore what happens when a person fits into not just one, but multiple factions. If you aren’t into reading, the movies star Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller. What more could you ask for?

In terms of up and coming fantasy series, Victoria Aveyard’s “Red Queen” has grown in popularity since its release last winter and has sparked rumors of a movie production in the near future. The story portrays a division in society, similar to that of Divergent, and a teenage girl stuck between the elite Silver Bloods and lesser Red Bloods. Make sure to curl up with it this winter before the sequel, “Glass Sword,” is published in February of 2016.

If you are looking to find fiction a little closer to home, then check out Kiera Cass’ “The Selection.” The books create a dystopian society in North America governed by a monarchy. With a rags-to-riches story involved, the novels have a fairytale feel that Disney kids can appreciate. The heroine’s badass character and a secret uprising will keep you flipping through the pages, and this appeal has not gone unnoticed. There were talks of a television series on The CW before it was cut, and a possible movie production has since been mentioned. “The Heir” entered bookstores in Spring of 2015 as book number four, and the novels are easy to read, which makes them perfect for a quick time-passer between boring textbook assignments.

With The Hunger Games era coming to a close, finding a new series to follow is a challenge. But just like with the Harry Potter series, we were able to move on and find new outlets for our teen-dystopia-science-magic genre needs. With any luck, the odds of finding a new fandom will be ever in your favor.