Photo Provided Pictured: The band Magic Man, before the departure of three members. The band, currently consisting of two people will perform at Saturday's tailgate.

As a part of Binghamton University’s recent efforts to increase school spirit, electronic rock duo Magic Man will be perform at this year’s homecoming tailgate.

Boston-based musicians Alex Caplow and Sam Lee formed the duo in 2010, and released their first album, “Real Life Color” that same year. After adding more bandmates and releasing their 2013 EP “You Are Here,” Magic Man toured with Walk the Moon and began to gain mainstream success.

The duo released its first full length “Before the Waves” in 2014, and has since gained a following thanks to performances at South by Southwest and a spot on Panic! at the Disco’s “The Gospel Tour.” In 2015, band returned to it’s original two member group of Caplow and Lee.

Jennifer Keegin, the associate director for Campus Activities, said that Magic Man was considered for last years “Shindig at the Fountain,” being on a list of bands which Binghamton Underground Music Presents (BUMP) compiled.

The homecoming committee is bringing the band to this year’s celebrations with the hope of attracting more students to both the tailgate and the weekend’s highlight — Saturday’s soccer game against UMass Lowell.

“We’re just trying to create more fun, more music at the tailgate,” Keegin said.

The band will perform at a stage located next to the West Gym as part of the tailgate, which will take place in the Events Center parking lot from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Before the performance, David Simek, Associate Director of Athletics and Sports Administration for the Bearcats, as well as announcer at select Binghamton sports games, will DJ the festivities.