We all know full well that finals week is the bane of our existence as students. Often, the dread is such that it feels as if we are the struggling main character in a dramatic film. And like any intense movie, finals week deserves an intense soundtrack. There’s nothing like finishing your last physics practice problem with the sound of a full orchestra blasting in your ears. It’s the music that makes you feel important — like you can accomplish anything. So, in the spirit of giving, here’s a list of some of the best musical outlets to guide you through these next two weeks, and prepare you for the battle that is the end of the semester.

Alexandre Desplat — Known for his fanciful pieces with a somewhat somber undertone, Desplat’s music is fitting for both the feelings finals evoke and the daydreams we need to survive it.

From “Coco Before Chanel”: “L’abandon,” “Couture” and “Royallieu”

From “The King’s Speech”: “The King’s Speech”

Dario Marianelli — Marianelli writes scores only for movies of the utmost seriousness. That should get you off the listicle of “32 kittens who should be studying right now” and get you to actually study.

From “Jane Eyre”: “A Thorough Education” and “Waiting For Mr. Rochester”

From “Pride & Prejudice”: “Liz on Top of the World” (feat. Jean-Yves Thibaudet) and “The Living Sculptures of Pemberley”

Harry Gregson-Williams — The Narnia score has enough bells in it to remind us all of Santa’s sleigh, and the chanting of carolers. That and the echoes of triumph about halfway through serve as just enough motivation to get through not only finals, but winter itself.

From “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”: “Only The Beginning of the Adventure”

From “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”: “Kayla”

Henry Jackman — Unlike most Marvel films, the score for “First Class” is more than just fuel for fight scenes. Aside from developing and morphing with the characters and their individual stories, a good portion of it happens to be smooth and tranquil. Perfect for when you need those four hours of sleep after an all-nighter in Bartle. And when you need a pick-me-up, “First Class” is just the track to mentally caffeinate you.

From “X-Men: First Class”: “First Class,” “Cerebro,” “Rage And Serenity” and “Mutant And Proud”

From “Big Hero 6”: “Tadashi”

Howard Shore — In reality, you should just make the “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” scores staples for everyday life, because we all know the walk from Newing to the Lecture Hall on a cold/normal Binghamton day, is equivalent to a trek to Mordor.

From “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”: “Concerning Hobbits”

From “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”: “Old Friends – Extended Version”

Steve Jablonsky — Since its premiere in “The Island,” this track has been used in countless action/sci-fi/fantasy trailers to date, so you know it’s another good one to inspire you to just keep going.

From “The Island”: “My Name Is Lincoln”

Thomas Newman — Newman’s music has a way of simultaneously making you feel like nothing is impossible and making you want to cry — a common theme during finals. For those moments, listen to the “Finding Nemo” or “Road to Perdition” scores. For everything else, there’s Mastercard — or “Shawshank.” Fittingly dubbed “End Title,” this track should be blasted the moment you finish that last assignment that just won’t quit — just like the 20 years Andy spent in prison.

Score from “Finding Nemo”

From “Road to Perdition”: “Road To Chicago,” “The Farm” and “Road To Perdition”

From “The Shawshank Redemption”: “Brooks Was Here” and “End Title”

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross — These two also scored the 2012 adaptation of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” another electronic-based score. These two are probably best for those of you who have to stare at a screen for the next couple of weeks.

From “The Social Network”: “Almost Home,” “Hand Covers Bruise” and “In Motion”

Hans Zimmer — For finals week, you can’t just sail the seas in a life raft; you have to voyage on a badass pirate ship. Lucky for you, Hans Zimmer is here to make you his first mate. Make your exams walk the plank as you attain the Black Pearl.

From “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End”: “Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho”

From “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”: “End Credits”