There’s a cliche complaint against the movie industry that they’ve run out of ideas, that they just make the same thing over and over again, and make talented people waste their time with stale projects in exchange for money. But sometimes, a movie with a certain spark demands a sequel. Fans clamor, and with the help of Kickstarter and a lot of Tweets, it gets made.

And then sometimes it doesn’t. And then there’s plan B — the cheaper way to get the cast to come together, which is to literally bring them back together. A reunion!

The cast of the sleeper hit “Napoleon Dynamite,” celebrating its 10th anniversary, recently came together for the unveiling of a bronze Napoleon statue at the Fox studios lot. And Entertainment Weekly recently brought together the casts of “Mean Girls,” “Napoleon Dynamite,” and “Ghostbusters” for their Reunions issue. Each one holds a special place in the heart of their generations.

“Mean Girls,” also celebrating its 10th birthday, became more than just the pinnacle of Lindsay Lohan’s once-promising career — it sprouted its own holiday, Oct. 3, to eternally remember when Aaron Samuels asked Cady Heron what day it was — and transformed the career of SNL favorite Tina Fey. Staying popular for 10 years is a feat for sure — but the cast of “Ghostbusters” reunited after 30, discussing the impact of the movie. Covered in corn syrup and starch, these characters ran wild through New York City streets, donning their janitorial jumpsuits, saving us all from the ghosts — and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

We’ve been lucky to have had other casts reunite for sequels and threequels — or in the case of “Veronica Mars,” just so some of our most beloved characters could finish telling their stories. Among some of the popular are “American Pie” and “Men in Black.” Hell, you can even consider “X-Men: Days of Future Past” to be a reunion of sorts. Today, we look forward to other much-awaited returns including that of dynamic duo Lloyd and Harry (Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels) in “Dumb and Dumber To,” Harrison Ford’s return as famed hero Han Solo in “Star Wars Episode VII,” and yes, even a “Toy Story 4” is in the works. Hell, even Lisa Kudrow is making a comeback in “The Comeback.”

It seems that what all of these movies have in common is their ability to withstand the test of time and break through the generational mold. That and cast chemistry. All this being said, the number of reunions is still under what it should be. Here is a list of casts we wish would get back together.

Reunions wish list:

“Harry Potter” — This one is obvious. Eight movies was clearly not enough. J.K. Rowling has released some new stories, so let’s see those turned into something, eh?

“Lost” — How has the cast recovered from their years on the island? Probably not well, but hey, that sounds like great TV. Smells like a new “Big Brother”-esque reality show. Put them all back on the island, but this time, throw in some nasty rumors of who hooked up with who’s best friend.

“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” — Joss Whedon is currently riding his “Avengers” fame, so let’s take a step back and see if our self-proclaimed “nerd king” can return to his roots.

“Zoolander” — because there’s nothing more to life than being “really, really ridiculously good looking,” right?

“Entourage” — Is that movie still happening?

“Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” — This one is important, for the simple, yet essential question of, do the pants still fit?

“The Lizzie McGuire Movie” — While the ending of this movie was satisfying, we want to know, does this relationship work out? They are only entering high school. So for this beautiful couple to stay together, they need to survive four tumultuous years of high school, plus the long distance constraints of college. Release would like to see three movies be made. One detailing their high school experience, one in college, and one as they settle down and plan out their finances. Lizzie, if you believe, we’ve got a picture perfect plan (for your next three movies).