Orientation Issue 2022

Columnist Opinions: Favorite on and off-campus pasttimes

For this year’s Orientation Issue, the Opinions staff asked columnists to share one of their favorite things to do when at Binghamton University, either on-campus or in nearby off-campus areas. Hopefully, this...

Orientation Issue 2022

Places to know at BU

Decker Student Health Services Center The Decker Student Health Services Center provides on-campus health care services for Binghamton University students. These services include sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening, COVID-19 testing, free HIV...

Orientation Issue 2022

BU's essential on-campus study spots

Apart from finding your classrooms and where to sit during meals, finding an ideal spot to study is crucial to making the Binghamton University campus your new home. Even when you’re not...

Orientation Issue 2022

Try something new

Typically, people imagine that the time to reinvent oneself is between high school and college. I am sure this registers for many as it relates to changing majors and trying out new...

Orientation Issue 2022

Check out three Binghamton historical museums

As a new student of Binghamton University, there is a lot to explore. The BU campus itself features various nature trails and dining spots, but that is just the start. Surrounding BU’s...

Orientation Issue 2022

Resources to know at BU

Academic Resources — Asking for help never hurts. Aside from reaching out to professors and attending office hours, students have access to multiple on-campus resources to help them succeed. Speaking Center The Speaking...

Orientation Issue 2022

Editorial: Pipe Dream's Words of Wisdom 2022

Although pre-college nerves are to be expected, there is a lot to look forward to entering college. Here, Pipe Dream’s staff offer our advice to incoming students and welcome you to the...

Orientation Issue 2022

Ten BU trivia facts

Binghamton University, also known as the State University of New York at Binghamton, has a lot of rich history and fun stories to learn about. Here, you can find ten interesting and...

Orientation Issue 2022

Shelley Dionne named dean of SOM

The Binghamton University School of Management (SOM) has found its next dean. After a nationwide search that began last fall, BU has chosen Shelley Dionne, Ph.D. ‘98, to become the next dean...

Orientation Issue 2022

Pipe Dream's stories of the year

Binghamton University has closed the chapter on its first fully in-person year since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Here, we compile some of Pipe Dream’s biggest stories from the 2021-22 academic...