Orientation Issue 2020

Events and dates to look out for

Assuming campus operations are normal and in person for the fall semester, here are some key dates to look out for to highlight your first semester. Move-in Day (Aug. 23) New students...

Orientation Issue 2020

Places to know on campus

Decker Student Health Services Center A college campus can be a breeding ground for germs, thanks to close-quartered classrooms and living spaces. Decker Student Health Services has you covered with access to...

Orientation Issue 2020

BU announces plans for fall semester

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to create uncertainty about the future, universities and colleges are scrambling to distribute plans to their students regarding the fall semester. Binghamton University President Harvey Stenger announced...

Orientation Issue 2020

Who's who?: People to know at BU

President Harvey Stenger — Before becoming Binghamton University’s seventh president in 2012, Stenger earned his bachelor’s degree from Cornell University and his doctorate from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Stenger is responsible...

Orientation Issue 2020

Global studies minor requirements loosen

In response to the cancellation of study abroad this upcoming semester, the global studies minor (GSM) has changed its requirements to allow students to declare the minor without going abroad. Due to...

Orientation Issue 2020

Stories of the decade

Binghamton University is an ever-evolving community with a rich history. To get you up to speed on what’s been happening here, Pipe Dream has compiled our biggest stories of the past decade....

Orientation Issue 2020

Ongoing BU construction projects

Binghamton University’s campus is constantly growing and changing. As such, students should be aware of the numerous active construction projects that are on campus. Due to new policies in response to the...