I may rip on 2015 quite often, but if there’s one thing I’m happy to see, it’s “Passion Parties” coming en vogue in the Southern Tier. If you haven’t heard yet, get ready. Has your mother ever told you about a Tupperware party? Or perhaps you have an aunt that is a representative for Mary Kay? Harmless enough, but a sad way to spend a Friday or Saturday night, especially for a group of 20-somethings. What if I told you that these same parties exist for sex toys, lubricants, harnesses, handcuffs, waxes, lotions? If you can think of it, there’s most certainly a party out there for you and your friends.

These types of parties have been happening for quite some time but I’ve never, until this semester, received a single invitation on Facebook for one of these glorious “Passion Parties.” No longer are you forced to try to find some way to one of the many seedy sex shops on the outskirts of Downtown. Where men sit in their vans and pick-up trucks waiting around for who knows what. Or of course, you can just order anything online these days but where’s the fun in that? Instead, plan a night of it. Let’s face it, the one night stands you can meet at the bars don’t know your needs like you do. Or maybe you’ve been dying to try out toys with your significant other but were too afraid to bring it up or want an experts help in figuring out what to try? Well now’s your chance. A representative can give you full explanations of how everything works, and in the comfort of your own home and surrounded by your closest friends (preferably a bottle of wine or two or ten as well), you can become the proud new owner of a vibrator or some anal beads. Even just some fuzzy handcuffs for the more vanilla types. There are quite a few options for companies you can go through, but I find that passionparties.com is a great start for those who aren’t sure where to start.

At long last you can expand your horizons. Aren’t you bored of the same old Friday night cramped at Tom & Marty’s? I know I am. So stay in, and instead of tacky jewelry, pick up something you can really have some fun with, and if you really don’t resonate with vibrators like the rest of us, well, you’ll at least get some good laughs out of it. I know I’m in the process of setting up my party as we speak. Now’s the time Binghamton! Jump on this fabulous opportunity to really mix things up, and if you’d like an invitation to my party and see what I’m going to pick up for the holidays, just ask.