Being an introverted woman can make meeting new people especially difficult. For introverts, talking to unfamiliar people for a long period of time drains our energy. Additionally, many heterosexual women just aren’t used to approaching men first, much less men they feel attracted to.

In the age of the Internet, not all is lost. If you’re single and ready to mingle, the recent boom in the development of mobile dating apps provides an alternative for introverted women to look for potential mates in an environment more suited to their needs.

Mobile dating apps suit the way introverts prefer to communicate with others. In real life, introverts prefer not to speak first. When approached by someone unfamiliar, introverts panic a little inside even though they may not necessarily show it on the outside. Feeling like this consistently can be draining and introverts already use quite an amount of energy to simply get through the day.

On a mobile app, introverts feel less pressured to respond immediately. Devoid of this pressure, they’re able to communicate with others without feeling wiped out. Although mobile apps also prevent one from picking up on another person’s personality through their facial expressions and tone of voice, the ability to increase your pool of eligible partners is worth it.

Besides serving the needs of the general introvert, mobile dating apps suit heterosexual women in particular for many reasons. For one, women can afford to be choosier because there are more men using these dating apps than women. Yes, maybe some of these men are only looking for quick hook-ups. However, from my own personal experience using mobile dating apps, I’ve met many men who were genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person.

Any woman who has used a mobile dating app like Tinder can confirm that the chances of getting matched with a man are extremely high. In this way, women are the ones who hold the power to choose who they want to communicate with on mobile dating apps. Rude or disrespectful men can be easily ignored or blocked.

Despite these advantages, mobile dating apps do come with a few risks. Posting too many revealing photos and information about where you live and work can attract creeps who engage in online sexual harassment. The general advice is, of course, to be smart about how much information you reveal and selective about to whom you give your phone number.

Overall, mobile dating apps are an efficient and easy way for single, introverted, heterosexual women to meet people. Even if you’re a single, introverted, heterosexual woman who is not necessarily looking for a committed relationship, you can still use these apps to socialize and widen your circle. As an extra bonus, the more you use these apps, the easier and faster it gets to filter out the types of guys in whom you have no interest. And, eventually, who knows? You may just find the right person for you.