With spring sunshine and warmth just around the corner, I thought this might be the perfect time to give y’all a lesson on my two favorite things: sex and fashion. With the mega success of the book and movie adaptation of “Fifty Shades of Grey,” everyone seems to be talking about fetishes and BDSM (bondage, discipline, sadism, masochism). “Fifty Shades” didn’t do the wonderful world of bondage justice, but bondage is still worth exploring even if your mom raves about Christian Grey around the dinner table. BDSM is still cool.

This is for the people who want to branch out from their blasé sex life and add some harnesses, collars and all things leather or PVC to their sexual arsenal. If you’re like me, you don’t want those expensive custom leather fashions to only be seen behind closed doors, and this spring season is the perfect time to mix your sexual fantasies with your real self. It was Miranda Priestly who scoffed, “Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” So why not be truly groundbreaking and stop with the flower crowns and pastel maxi dresses and try some S&M fabulousness.

BDSM is a broad category. It can go from the simple act of throwing on some leather to more extreme spanking, domination and submission, and even further to swings or wall restraints. The BDSM universe is open-ended and not suggested for the faint of heart. Personally, I only teeter into the very light waters of the fashion. It’s sexy, mysterious, dark and the aesthetic of a gothic disco extravaganza.

To be fully adorned in leather or PVC, whichever you prefer, is an empowering and enlightening experience in realizing one’s sexual persona. We’re all just playing roles anyway, so why not allow yourself the ability to experience everything sex has to offer? I will be honest though, these items can run quite the pretty penny. True leather hardware ain’t cheap, but the power behind it is thrilling.

From Madonna to Lady Gaga, FKA twigs, Beyoncé and Gwen Stefani, tons of fashion editorials and celebrities are showing how fabulous and fierce it is to wear your dirty little secrets out and about in public. If anything, spring 2015 should be about true expression. What is a truer form of expression than allowing your most vulnerable and inner hush-hush fantasies to be worn out in the sun instead of hidden at the back of the closet?

I implore you to get some mesh, try a Zana Bayne choker or leather pants and go dancing. It’s your world, we’re all just living it. The way we hide our sexual fantasies forces us to hide a major part of our humanity. Try something new and have fun. Legendary club kid James St. James once said, “It doesn’t matter what you look like. If you have a hunchback, throw a little glitter on it, honey, and go dancing.” Be young, be fabulous and be extraordinary. Be you at BU.