Guys this has got to stop

THURSDAY, Mar. 17, 10:20 p.m. – A larceny in Science I was reported to UPD late Thursday evening, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police (UPD). The victim, a 23-year-old male, stated that he had left a lecture hall around six o’clock but noticed later in the night that he didn’t have his laptop. The officers told him to email the professor, and helped search the surrounding area but were unable to locate the computer. It is valued at $2000.

It’s Lit

THURSDAY, Mar. 17, 11:18 p.m. – Officers responded to the nature preserve for a campfire near the roadway, Reilly said. When they arrived, they found three males, all between the ages of 20 and 21, drinking beer around the fire. The individuals were informed that there is an open burn ban in New York State and that there are designated areas on campus for campfires. The suspects said they were unaware of this and the campus policy on open fires and exited the nature preserve after they made sure the fire was put out.

Marketplace Mischief

SATURDAY, Mar. 19, 1:10 a.m. – The building manager of the University Union called UPD early Saturday morning to report criminal mischief, Reilly said. The manager had noticed that an unknown suspect or suspects had ripped one of the pictures off the wall between Tillman Hall and the Marketplace. This is the second occurrence of this, and the case is still under investigation.

Driving With Idiots

SUNDAY, Mar. 20, 3:00 a.m. – Officers near parking lot M2 observed a male jump from an SUV and then be struck by it, Reilly said. When they arrived on the scene, they noticed a male in the rear passenger seat who had just vomited. The male who had jumped was holding his foot in pain on the ground and said that he had jumped to avoid being puked on. The operator of the vehicle was a 20-year-old female who was put to a field sobriety test, which she failed. She was placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated (DWI) with a BAC of .10. She was given two traffic tickets, one for DWI and one for driving under the influence with a BAC .08 or more.