Sweater Swiper

MONDAY, Feb. 15, 8:32 p.m. — Clothes were reported stolen out of the laundry room in Newing College’s Broome Hall on Monday, said Investigator Robert Meddleton of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim, a 19-year-old male, reported that around 5 p.m. he placed his clothes in the dryer, but they were gone when he returned around 6 p.m. He reported that around 40 articles of clothing were missing for an estimated value of $750. There are no suspects at this time.

Armed and Alarmed

TUESDAY, Feb. 16, 3:09 a.m. — Officers responded to a fire alarm in Newing College’s Delaware Hall, but upon arrival found illegal items in plain view in one of the rooms, Meddleton said. The fire alarm was caused by an unrelated cooking incident. Among the items found in the room were two switchblades, plastic knuckles and a pocket knife. The suspect, an 18-year-old male, claimed he carries the switchblade for protection off-campus. A metal grinder with remnants of marijuana was also found with bags believed to have contained .5 grams of marijuana. Since the suspect was very cooperative, in lieu of charges he was referred to Student Conduct and the items were confiscated.

Plate Problems

TUESDAY, Feb. 16, 3:53 p.m. — Officers responded to a call about a suspicious vehicle on campus, Meddleton said. When officers arrived and checked the plates on the vehicle, they came back as a 2012 Jeep, which did not match the vehicle. The suspect, a 25-year-old male, was charged with operating a motor vehicle suspended, operating a motor vehicle with improper plates, operating a motor vehicle without an insurance card and operating an unregistered motor vehicle. The suspect admitted to driving to campus because he had missed the bus, and said that he had borrowed the plates from one of his friends. He was given an appearance ticket for Vestal Town Court.

Roomate Rumble

WEDNESDAY, Feb. 17, 11:15 p.m. — Officers responded to a harassment call in O’Connor Hall in Dickinson Community on Wednesday, Meddleton said. Two roommates, both 21-year-old females, got into a physical dispute after apparent weeks of verbal abuse to each other. The suspect believed that the victim had broken some of her belongings, so, in response, broke some of the victim’s belongings and pushed her from behind. There are no apparent physical injuries and both were placed in emergency housing. Neither have chosen to take criminal action.