Stacks Stolen

THURSDAY, Feb. 4, 9:15 p.m. — A woman called the University Police Department to Glenn G. Bartle Library to report her wallet missing, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim, a 22-year-old female, said that she left her purse unattended to go speak with a friend, but returned to find her wallet missing. The victim gave information regarding the wallet and its contents to the officer and has chosen to pursue criminal prosecution if it’s found. The case is still under investigation.

Driving Downhill Fast

FRIDAY, Feb. 5, 1:11 a.m. — An officer in a patrol car observed a grey Ford Explorer fail to stop at a stop sign and enter Lot Q1 the wrong way, passing a “do not enter” sign and prompting a vehicle stop, Reilly said. After stopping the vehicle, the officer noticed a distinct odor of marijuana from the suspect, a 19-year-old male, eventually turning over a bag containing a green plant material that later tested positive for marijuana. The officer also noticed two different licenses in the suspect’s wallet, one from New York and one from Connecticut. The Connecticut license was seized and destroyed. The suspect was given a traffic ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign and appearance ticket for possession of marijuana.

Personal Foul

FRIDAY, Feb. 5, 6:46 p.m. — Officers responded to a harassment complaint at the East Gym, Reilly said. The suspect, a 25-year-old male and graduate student, set a pick in a basketball game, but as the victim attempted to push through it, the suspect yelled, “Don’t do that again or I’ll rip your head off.” While the suspect was jogging away, the victim yelled back, “Shut up, fat boy.” The suspect then confronted the victim, pushing him to the floor. Both the suspect and victim gave the officers identical accounts of the incident, and the suspect has been advised that the victim is not looking to press charges. The victim was advised that had he had not yelled, “Shut up, fat boy,” this incident could have been averted.

Macaroni Mischief

SATURDAY, Feb. 6, 1:52 a.m. — An officer on post at the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) Dining Center observed two males, 19 and 20 years old, eating chicken nuggets in line at the grill before paying for them, Reilly said. The officer then observed one of the suspects later eating mac n’ cheese bites while standing in line. The suspect was placed under arrest for petty larceny and brought back to the station for processing, there admitting he was drunk. The suspect was given an appearance ticket to the Town of Vestal court.