Close Scrape

TUESDAY, Dec. 1, 5:30 p.m. — Officers responded to Lot Y2 for a property damage accident, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. A witness said that they saw an older silver Nissan try to pull into a spot and scrape the base of a light pole, making the pole wobble. Officers searched for the vehicle but could not find it. The cement base of the pole was still intact; but there was some visible paint transfer.

You’ve Got to be Kid-ding

WEDNESDAY, Dec. 2, 6:01 p.m. — A 23-year-old male was in a study room inside the Newcomb Reading Room in Glenn G. Bartle Library and placed his MacBook on his desk. He left the area for a few minutes and when he returned he saw that someone spilled coffee over his laptop. He asked the other people in the area if they knew what happened. They said that they saw a young boy running around the room and they thought that he may have spilled the coffee. The responding officers tried to get a list of the people who took out books at that time in order to try and find who the child’s parents are. The case is still under investigation.

Good Will Stealing?

WEDNESDAY, Dec. 2, 9:30 p.m. — A 20-year-old male got up from studying in LNG 208 and left his MacBook Pro on the table, Reilly said. When he came back, the laptop was missing. The victim asked the only other person in the area who said that she saw multiple janitors walking by the room. The value of the laptop is approximately $1,800.

Dope Dodge

WEDNESDAY, Dec. 2, 11:50 p.m. — Officers responded to Delaware Hall in Newing College for a marijuana complaint by the resident assistant on duty, Reilly said. The officers knocked on the door that the odor was coming from and the residents opened the door and then slammed it shut in the officers’ faces. The officers kept knocking but no one would answer. The officers got the names of the residents and referred them to the Office of Student Conduct.