Egg on their Faces

SATURDAY, Nov. 7, 2:29 a.m. — Officers on patrol noticed two 19-year-old males trying to go behind the counter of a food establishment at the Binghamton University MarketPlace, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers noticed the suspects left and caught up with them. The officers asked them why they were in the University Union after it was closed and locked. The suspects said that they wanted to go to Cakes and Eggs and that they did not know that it was closed. The suspects were asked if they went behind the counter but they denied that they did. They were told that they were not allowed in the Union after hours. One of the suspects became uncooperative and stopped answering questions. The suspects were referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Construction Crawler

THURSDAY, Nov. 5, 9:46 p.m. — Officers were called to the Dickinson Community athletic field for reports of trespassing in a construction zone, Reilly said. The suspect, a 19-year-old female, said that she crawled under the fence blocking off the construction zone to prove to her friends that she could crawl under it. When the suspect got to the other side, she realized that she couldn’t crawl back out. The suspect called for help and an off-duty resident assistant came over and contacted UPD. Officers asked if she could see the multiple signs posted along the fence that said that this was a construction zone and that trespassing was not allowed. The suspect said that she did not see them. The suspect was eventually let out of the construction zone and was given a warning. The case was referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

But Why Not Take the Laptop?

SUNDAY, Nov. 8, 1:20 p.m. — A 19-year-old male had his backpack stolen when he left it unattended in Lot S1, Reilly said. The victim said that it contained his laptop, Adderall and a frisbee. The bag was returned to the UPD station with just the laptop in it. The victim said that he needed a copy of the police report because he would not receive replacement medication without it. The case is still under investigation.

False Alarm

MONDAY, Nov. 9, 9:10 a.m. — Officers responded to a fire alarm in Old Digman Hall, Reilly said. The officers were escorted to the third floor by a construction foreman. The foreman said that workers in the area hit a piece of debris which fell and struck the fire alarm, setting it off. The alarm was reset and it was decided that the alarm should be moved up higher so it does not get hit again.