Room Service

FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 1:03 p.m. — Officers were called to College-in-the-Woods’ Seneca Hall for reports of an Asian male distributing leaflets and flyers for a local Chinese restaurant, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers could not find the male, but they were able to obtain a leaflet. The officers called the restaurant and told them that their workers are not allowed into any dorms and informed them of legal ways to advertise on campus.

Punch-Drunk Driving

SATURDAY, Oct. 24, 3:24 a.m. — Officers on patrol observed a vehicle speeding on West Drive, Reilly said. The officers pulled over the vehicle and asked for the 21-year-old male’s driver’s license and registration. When asked why he was traveling so fast, the driver said that he thought that the speed limit was between 30 and 40 mph. The suspect was told that the speed limit was 25 mph. When the suspect answered the question, the officers noticed the smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle and the suspect’s breath. The suspect was asked to exit the vehicle and perform a standard field sobriety test, which he failed. The suspect was arrested and taken to the station for processing. The suspect was given a breathalyzer test. The suspect’s BAC was .13 percent abv. The suspect was charged with a DWI and was given an appearance ticket returnable to Vestal Town Court.

How Do you Fuck Up Eggs?

SATURDAY, Oct. 24, 8:39 a.m. — Officers responded to a fire alarm going off in Adirondack Hall in Hillside Community, Reilly said. Officers spoke with the person who reportedly caused the fire. He said that he was cooking eggs and bacon when the grease caught fire and the fire spread a bit into the kitchen. The building was evacuated and the fire department came and put out the fire.

Battery Mate

THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 5:55 p.m. — Officers responded to Hinman College’s Hughes Hall for reports of harassment, Reilly said. The victim, a 20-year-old female, was crying in the resident director office when the officers arrived. She said that earlier in the day she was talking with her 18-year-old female roommate. The suspect became unpleasant and disrespectful, telling the victim to keep quiet. The victim left and later on returned and asked the suspect for assistance because she left her keys in the room. The suspect let her into the room and the victim began talking about what happened earlier in the day. The suspect became rude and belligerent and eventually struck the victim in the face and chest with her hands. The victim had a visible hand print on her chest. The suspect was arrested and charged with aggravated harassment.