Stolen Gains

MONDAY, Sept. 21, 5:30 p.m. — Officers responded to Appalachian Dining Hall in Mountainview College for reports of larceny, said Investigator Robert Meddleton of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. Workers said that a 19-year-old male took a chocolate protein drink from a cooler without paying. The workers said that the suspect was still sitting in the dining hall and pointed him out to the officers. The suspect was questioned and admitted to taking the drink. In lieu of arrest, the suspect was told to pay for the drink. The suspect was referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

The Forbidden Forest

MONDAY, Sept. 21, 7:54 p.m. — An officer responded to the Nature Preserve after getting a call from three lost students, Meddleton said. The three students, an 18-year-old female, a 19-year-old female and a 19-year-old male, said that they came to the preserve earlier in the day and did not realize that the sun would go down so early and got disoriented once it got dark. The officer arrived at the entrance and flashed his lights and put on his siren so that the students could see him. He then went into the preserve and turned on his flashlight at the bridge. The students walked toward the light and were led out of the preserve. None were injured.

Down and Dirty

TUESDAY, Sept. 22, 9:55 a.m. — Officers responded to the Events Center for reports of theft, Meddleton said. The staff there said they got new wrestling mats and placed the old ones outside of the West Gym the night before. Sometime overnight, someone took the mats. Subsequent investigation found that reportedly someone accidentally took the mats and returned them later in the day.

I Want to Ride Your Bicycle

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 23, 3:28 p.m. — A 19-year-old female contacted UPD to report her bike stolen, Meddleton said. The victim said that she parked her bike on the bike rack outside of Cleveland Hall in Hinman College on the 18th and has not seen it since. The bike is a teal, hybrid-style bike with a rip in the seat. The value is listed at approximately $250. There are no known suspects or witnesses at this time.