When the sun comes out and the sleeves come off in Binghamton, one thing is certain: Spring Fling is just around the corner.

The University’s annual carnival is returning Saturday as an exclusively outdoor festival, with activities spanning from the Harpur Quad to the Peace Quad.

Students can expect to see the festival’s usual rides, food stands, student tables and performers, as well as a free concert featuring Yellowcard, DJ Kap Slap and the winner of the 2013 Battle of the Bands, Steve Labrecque’s Wild Ride.

This year’s Spring Fling will have more than 100 student groups tabling and include three performance stages — a main stage for student bands, a student performers’ stage for a cappella groups and dance demonstrations and a DJ tent, according to festivals chair Katie Chum.

“I am most excited to see how the whole event will come together and see everyone on campus celebrate one of the best things about being a Bearcat,” said Chum, a senior majoring in marketing and management information systems.

Brianna Friia, vice president for programming of the Student Association and a senior double majoring in mathematics and anthropology, said this year’s Spring Fling will be bigger and better than previous years.

“We are covering a wider range of campus,” Friia said. “I am also personally psyched that TEP [fraternity] will be returning to Spring Fling with the car smash where students get to smash a junk yard car.”

Hosted by the Student Association Programming Board, Spring Fling is BU’s oldest festival tradition and has been categorized under the “Top Ten University Festivals To Crash” list by collegemagazine.com.

“I’m especially excited for the music choices — I’ve wanted to see Yellowcard since I was 11,” said David Pfuhler, a junior majoring in environmental studies.

Paola Diaz, a freshman majoring in neuroscience, said she did not share Pfuhler’s enthusiasm after seeing Kendrick Lamar perform at SUNY Cortland’s Spring Fling on April 27.

“It’s gonna be fun, but, Yellowcard?” Diaz said. “I don’t really have high expectations. Honestly, I’m more excited for the day.”

This year will be the first Spring Fling for Anne Fleshler, a sophomore majoring in psychology. She is performing with the Hula Hooping Club at the student stage.

“It’s cool that we’re having a rock band but I would much rather have anyone else. Hoop club’s music will be better,” Fleshler said, referencing the club’s EDM-heavy soundtrack.

“I’m still really excited to go,” she said. “We can just make our own fun.”

As per Spring Fling tradition, President Stenger and the Pappy Parker Players will lead the Stepping on the Coat, a ceremonious tradition that began in Binghamton in the 1960s as a way to say goodbye to winter and hello to summer.

“Be prepared to see Stenger like you’ve never seen him before,” said Benjamin Moosher, a member of the Pappy Parker Players and a freshman majoring in computer science.

Moosher said that although he cannot predict whether or not the music will be good, he thinks people will have fun.

“I think the student body will absolutely erupt when ‘Ocean Avenue’ comes on,” he said. “And whether it’s for ironic purposes … I think everyone will be happy to be there for at least those five minutes or so.”