On Tuesday, March 12, Binghamton University students will vote in six different races to determine who earns a seat in the University’s Student Association next year. Voters will also elect a student representative to reflect their concerns and interests in the BU Council. Pipe Dream is committed to empowering and informing student voters and ensuring their voices are heard. This page includes a series of articles and graphics aimed at educating student voters and providing balanced coverage of the upcoming elections.

Pipe Dream’s Endorsements

President

The president of the SA is tasked with overseeing the activities of the SA’s executive board and acting as a liaison between undergraduate students and the University’s administration. They are expected to work to improve all aspects of student life. The president also serves as the chief executive officer of Off Campus College Transport (OCCT) and sits on the Harpur’s Ferry Board of Directors.

Emma Ross, a junior double-majoring in political science and psychology

Bio

Platform

Christopher Li, a junior majoring in accounting

Bio

Platform

Arsenije “Arsh” Markicevic, a junior quadruple-majoring in physics, philosophy, economics and philosophy, politics and law

Bio

Platform

Executive Vice President (EVP)

The EVP oversees all SA-chartered student groups on campus and is tasked with handling student group affairs. The EVP also commands the process of getting student groups chartered by the SA, and assists new student groups with getting started on campus.

Erin Bishop, a junior majoring in economics

Bio

Platform

Vice President for Finance (VPF)

The VPF manages fiscal and legal aspects of the SA and oversees the finances of student groups. The VPF also acts as chief financial officer of OCCT.

Alec Somerstein, a junior double-majoring in mathematical sciences and business administration

Bio

Platform

Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)

The VPAA acts as an intermediary between undergraduate students and University administrators for academic life. They are responsible for bringing academic issues to the attention of the University and planning programming to facilitate an intellectual, academic environment at BU.

John Santare, a junior majoring in biology

Bio

Platform

Vice President for Multicultural Affairs (VPMA)

The VPMA is responsible for developing an inclusive campus environment and working to initiate cross-cultural programming. They are expected to communicate with the SA executive board and the University administration about cultural issues and diversity on campus.

Khaleel James, a sophomore double-majoring in economics and human development

Bio

Platform

Vice President for Programming (VPP)

The VPP is tasked with overseeing a variety of programming on campus and acts as the chair of the Student Association Programming Board (SAPB). The VPP and the SAPB are responsible for bringing educational and recreational programming to BU, including concerts, comedy shows and lectures.

Jillian Pizzuto, a junior majoring in Spanish

Bio

Platform

Christopher Wright, a junior double-majoring in economics and political science

Bio

Platform

Lillian Carr, a sophomore majoring in economics

Bio

Platform

BU Council Student Representative

The student representative is the sole student member of the BU Council, which makes regulations governing student conduct and campus facilities and reviews University President Harvey Stenger’s plans and budget requests. The Council also serves as an advisory board for University administrators. The student representative is tasked with ensuring student concerns and interests are reflected in University operations, plans and policies.

Richard Caldicott, a junior double-majoring in political science and philosophy

Bio

Platform

Franklin Richards, a first-year graduate student studying public administration

Bio

Platform