Check out Pipe Dream’s coverage of Restaurant Week below.

Walking into 205 Dry, the hidden speakeasy nestled on bustling State Street, feels identical to looking into a time capsule of the Roaring ’20s. With its antique furnishing, quirky decor and hint of modern elements, the restaurant and bar attracts Binghamton students and local residents alike. 205 Dry’s Restaurant Week menu offers a three-course dinner option for the fair price of $25.

Read more

If you’ve ever walked through Downtown Binghamton, you’ve probably passed by The Colonial. A Binghamton classic, The Colonial is in the heart of the city, and although it’s a popular destination for college students, it caters to people of all ages with its welcoming atmosphere. The restaurant combines trendy and homey touches in its decor with string lights, garlands of autumn leaves and chalkboards displaying a wide array of drink specials in colorful text. This Restaurant Week, The Colonial offers a $12 lunch and $20 dinner, which both include an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Read more

Around the corner from the hustle and bustle of Court Street, the atmosphere of Craft is welcoming to all Restaurant Week attendees. Upon entering, my photographer, Anastasia, and I were given the choice of where we wanted to sit — outdoor patio, inside seating near the open garage door-style wall or deeper into the restaurant with a vibe more like eating at a fancy bar. We chose a nice two-person table indoors.

Read more

Whether sharing tapas with family or grabbing drinks with friends on State Street, Social on State is a mainstay of Downtown Binghamton’s dining scene. This Restaurant Week, Social offers a $25 three-course dinner menu that includes an appetizer, main course and dessert. To sample the dinner, I arrived at 6:30 p.m. and was immediately escorted to a seat in the outdoor dining area. The ambiance of the outdoor eating area certainly sets the stage for an enjoyable and pleasant meal. Throwbacks like “Happy” by Pharrell Williams and “Cheerleader” by OMI accompanied the calming hanging lights, establishing a relaxing environment.

Read more

Prior to this year’s fall Restaurant Week, I had only walked past the Little Venice restaurant Downtown while going to the Greater Binghamton Transportation Center on Chenango Street. However, this Tuesday, as soon as I entered Little Venice, I was quick to realize that I had long overlooked the beautifully decorated and spacious local spot. The owner’s extensive art collection, a brick interior and some jazz music made for a classy, yet warm and welcoming setting.

Read more

Lost Dog Cafe is a staple in the Binghamton area. Besides passing by it whenever I am Downtown, the first time I heard about Lost Dog was when my friend showed me a photo on Instagram of Drake Bell eating there. I didn’t know what Drake Bell was doing in Binghamton, but if Lost Dog was good enough for him, it was good enough for me. Their Restaurant Week menu offers lunch for a fixed price of $12 and dinner for $20.

Read more

Peterson’s Tavern is known for the weekly live music shows it holds outdoors, with crowds gathering at the corner of Front and Main Street each Saturday night to enjoy sets that range from rock to acoustic. But despite the large bar that takes center stage in the dimly lit gastropub, their offerings go far beyond their many beers on tap: They also serve a host of American and Italian staples on their lunch and dinner menus, including burgers, steaks and wings. For their second Restaurant Week, the restaurant offers a $10 lunch menu and a $20 dinner menu featuring many of their most popular dishes, such as the Peterson Burger and wild mushroom risotto.

Read more

As my photographer, Le-Anne, and I approached the ivy-covered brick building known by all as Number 5, we whispered to one another in excitement. This was the big boss of all Binghamton restaurants participating in the biannual Restaurant Week, raved about by both students and residents for its steaks and seafood. At the start of every semester, the buzz around Number 5 and its fancy menu is ever present, and as we passed through its signature revolving door, we transformed from broke college students into sophisticated adults.

Read more

Ever since Dos Rios Cantina opened up on Court Street, both University students and Binghamton residents alike have been able to enjoy quality Mexican food and drinks from their large selection. For Restaurant Week, Dos Rios offers many of their regular menu items in a special fixed-price menu for only $25.

Read more

Nestled just across the bridge from Downtown Binghamton on South Washington Street in Vestal, Whole in the Wall is distinctive, from its red and purple exterior and wood-paneled walls to its colorful food and vegan-friendly options. Founded in 1980 by Eliot Fiks, ‘78, the restaurant’s menu is eclectic and ever-changing, featuring farm-to-table cuisine and all-natural foods. Fiks, a Binghamton University alumnus, was inspired to create the space based on his experiences working with BU’s Food Co-op and opened shop in a building that formerly housed a cash register repair store, renovating it from top to bottom to create a cozy dining environment with a collaborative, community feel. During Restaurant Week, Whole in the Wall’s fixed-price menu includes a three-course lunch for $15 and a three-course dinner for $25.

Read more