Music goes well with everything and recreational drug use is no exception. While there are certain genres of music that go better with certain drugs, some songs can even mimic the feelings one receives from being under the influence. Drugs can be dangerous and expensive, but music is safe — and all you need is a Spotify account. Here are some songs for those who want the reward without risk.

Marijuana

Rihanna — “Love On The Brain”

Rihanna’s jazzy track “Love On The Brain” is a slow-paced electro-blues track with elements of doo-wop. Rihanna’s signature sound mixed into the track makes it a perfect song to chill to, perfectly imitating the calming effects of weed.

Jamie xx (ft. Romy) — “Loud Places”

Jamie xx named his debut album “In Colour” for a reason: his electronic instrumentals will make you see the world a bit brighter than usual. Arguably, the best song on this album is “Loud Places.” If you find yourself alone in the Nature Preserve or elsewhere outdoors, put on this song and take in the beautiful colors of spring. Regardless of whether or not you smoke anything, this song will make you feel great.

MDMA

Kyle — “Sex and Super Smash Bros”

This song by the precocious hip-hop artist Kyle has a fast-paced and highly infectious beat that, as the title might indicate, is reminiscent of an arcade-game theme song. The song as a whole is fun and the rhythm invites listeners to dance and be careless. These vibes pair well with the passion and happiness that MDMA users tend to feel.

Missy Elliott — “Get Ur Freak On”

Anchored by a loop of sitar, “Get Ur Freak On” features Elliot rapping artfully to the Timbaland-produced beat. The song has a defiant feel, as if Missy’s confidence matches the free-flowing nature of MDMA. Listening to this song, you’ll feel great about yourself regardless of how the world sees you.

LSD

Björk — “Enjoy”

Björk is known for combining industrial beats with pop and classical sounds. This style is true of “Enjoy,” in which the Icelandic singer mixes glitchy sounds with her soft vocals. The end product is a symphony of cleverly layered sounds that create a beautiful chorus. The overwhelming and consuming nature of the song makes a listener feel like they’re tripping at her concert, as Björk belts her oddly beautiful voice.

Gang Starr — “Above the Clouds”

This tune, produced by the legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, has so much going on at once that it’s almost hard to follow. Yet, before the song gets too overwhelming, the beat has a smoothness to it which mimics a floating feeling and takes listeners to another world.