Photo Provided THE OFFICE -- Pictured: Creed Bratton as Creed Bratton -- NBC Photo: Mitchell Haaseth

The Student Association Programming Board (SAPB) will be hosting Creed Bratton for a night of comedy.

Bratton, who is best known for playing Creed on NBC’s hit comedy “The Office,” will be performing a one-man musical and comedy show in the Anderson Center’s Chamber Hall on April 14.

And while most students will recognize him from television, the actor has also had a quite illustrious music career. In the late 1960s, the comedian and musician was a member of a band called The Grass Roots, best known for their song “Let’s Live For Today.” Since the disbanding of The Grass Roots, Bratton has also released a few solo albums.

The free event will be a somewhat new initiative from the SAPB, with their usual yearly comedic lineup consisting of only the Family Weekend entertainer as well as a performance in the spring. Bernadette Machuca, vice president of programming for the Student Association and a senior majoring in biology, credits budgeting and good timing to being able to have a second spring show after CollegeHumor Live.

Machuca said that audiences will get to experience many of Bratton’s talents, and is hoping for a good turnout at the Chamber Hall, which can seat 400 people.

The performance will be a combination of musical performance and comedy, where Bratton will speak about his life, as well as “The Office.”

Bratton was a popular choice in the Spring Survey, coming in second after CollegeHumor Live. 15.1 percent of students voted him as “Dying to see,” 13.4 percent voting “Meh,” 12 percent voting “No!!” and 59.5 percent voting “Who?”

“I thought it was cool that he was coming to campus since I used to watch him on ‘The Office,’ but [I’m not] overly excited,” said Robert Adusei, a junior majoring in English. “I bet that students who have never watched ‘The Office’ or know about the Grass Roots wouldn’t really know who he is and probably wouldn’t attend the event.”

And while not everyone may have known who Bratton is, the die-hard “Office” fans are definitely excited.

“My sisters got me into ‘The Office’ when I was really young and I’ve watched it religiously ever since,” said Tyler McHugh, a freshman majoring in electrical engineering. “I knew this day would come when my childhood hero finally came to me.”

There will also be a meet-and-greet available to a limited number of students, with $10 tickets available on bingtickets.com.

”I’m really excited that he’s coming and I think it’s awesome that the school has been able to get people like him and Queen Latifah,” said Samantha Wieder, a senior majoring in English. “As a huge fan of ‘The Office,’ it’s amazing that for just $10 I’m going to get to meet an actor from one of my favorite shows.”

Admission to the show will be free for all students. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., with the show beginning at 7 p.m.